Day 23, May 23rd, Thursday: Things you’ve learned that school won’t teach you.
I’m not really good in making introductions so.. here’s a few things.
I’ve learned that..
- No matter how may friends I think I have, there will always be a time when I recognize myself as my own best friend.
- Being kind isn’t enough. I always have to be kinder. A lot of people are breaking and it’s something I cannot see instantly. Maybe my kindness might save someone’s life.
- Whatever I do — good, bad or anything in between, people will never run out of things to say.
- It’s easier to forgive an enemy than to forgive a friend.
- The people who can hurt me the most are the ones I always find myself looking forward to be with.
- Even though how many times I’ve sworn not to lose strength, I just sometimes see myself shattering piece by piece.
- Time may not heal every single wound there is, but it helps me forget things one by one.
- Songs can be ten times as sad as it is when I’m gloomy.
- Even though I have this profound fondness of food, it doesn’t help when I’m deeply unhappy.
- I should never do things again on impulse.
- John is right. Books are the ultimate Dumpees: put them down and they’ll wait for you forever; pay attention to them and they always love you back.
- I can be really friends with people even though they’re thousand, even million miles apart from me. That they care even more than the ones around me. That they don’t feel the need to sulk just because you don’t talk to them every day. That even though you don’t get to talk to them always, you’re with them in spirit.
- People may not understand me every now and then, and that I shouldn’t be a sullen bitch because I wasn’t born to please them.
- Writing and singing helps a lot.
- Everyone may leave, but God will never ever abandon me. This I know.
- I shouldn’t get easily affected by other people’s negative judgment. At the end of the day, what truly matters is if I’m happy or not.
The blog post title comes from Katy Perry’s song, Wide Awake.
The lesson I’ve learned the most often in life is that you’re always going to know more in the future than you know now. — Taylor Swift