- I learn a lot by listening to them talk about their favorite writers. It’s like you’ve already read that particular writer’s book even though you haven’t just because that friend is so great at describing that person.
- They know how to listen. I can be annoying at times because of my addiction of books and they’ll just listen to me babbling about a certain book and instead of stopping me, they will just smile. Because they know how it feels like being addicted to something. Like books.
- I never run out of words when talking to them. Even just talking a single book can consume the whole time being with that person.
- I can shout to the hallway about a literary character that I love and that friend will shout back. And we won’t give a shit about what others think. I can see the way they stare but we’ll just smile to each other instead.
- We tell each other which bookstores are on sale on a particular month or date.
- They’re always willing to discuss.
- They’re always there to argue about their favorite characters, which is nice because that leads to more discussion.
- There’s not a book signing event they wouldn’t attend without you.
- They wouldn’t mind hearing your girly squeals over and over.
This list was actually originally posted on my old tumblog on January 28th, 2012. I just added a few more.