I think I look like this gif this very moment.
I’ve been wanting to write something about turning 20 since less than a month ago I just did. Bruh enough with that and let me share this post with you. Readers, embrace yourselves because I think I haven’t done this before. Let me tell you a few things that I love about my best(est) friend in the entire world. You’ve read it right. Few, because if I list down here all the things that make her my favorite friend in the whole world, it would take forever. She’s super duper cool beans and I know this is severely cheesy and maybe she would give me a pinch the next time she sees me, but whatever.
- She believes in me. When I’m having a rough time, she’s the one who never fails to encourage me to never, never, never give up. She’s like my number one fan. Lol. When I’m starting to doubt myself, she’s always there to remind me of the things that I often overlook. She believes in me so much that when times like that come, I want to believe in myself too. Also, if there’s someone who never gets tired reading whatever I write (even though sometimes I believe they’re not of great significance), it’s she.
- She’s brutally honest. When I am singing and she doesn’t like it one bit, she would say it directly. Lmao.
- She doesn’t tolerate my being a mean bitch at times. She’d say it until I realize it myself and feel guilty about it. (I can’t help it sometimes, though, especially when you-know-who is being extra rude to me.)
- She inspires me to become a better person. I mean, there are so many reasons why I aspire to be better, but she has so much goodness in her heart that makes me restore my faith in humanity. Need I say more?
- She listens and doesn’t judge. No matter how pointless, endless and oh-so-dramatic my stories are, she was and will always be there. There was never a time when she wasn’t there for her friends. I can attest to that.
- She makes time for me and shows it in her own little ways, which I truly appreciate, by the way.
- She respects my silence. Sometimes you don’t need a life-changing advice, just someone who would listen.
- We’re like sisters, just with different parents.
- She is always ready to go for an adventure.
- She’s one of the most selfless people I know. The Abnegation compound would love to adopt her. She is so kind that you just want to hug her until she sort of deflates in your arms. Lol.
- AND LASTLY… Brad, have I told you lately you’re my best friend?
The title comes from Tim McGraw’s song, “My Best Friend”.